The Shibboleth Blog

Assessment of student learning is the process of evaluating the extent to which participants in education have developed their knowledge, understanding and abilities. This blog tackles all about our ideas of education especially on the lessons in Assessment of Student's Learning commonly called Ed 103 subject under the instructions of Dr. Ava Clare Marie Robles.

Ed 103: What is it All About

This course is designed to acquaint students with major

methods and techniques of evaluation used to assess and report growth, development, and

academic achievement of learners in elementary and secondary schools, including

interpretation of standardized test information.



Course Objectives: General course objectives for the student include:

• Awareness of the role of assessment in teaching

• Understanding of the various methods of assessment and circumstances for

appropriate use of each

• Skill building in the development of various teacher-made tests and evaluative

procedures

• Awareness of the needs of special populations, such as those with disabilities,

multicultural populations and those not proficient in English, related to

assessment

• Understanding of elementary statistics as related to the interpretation and

utilization of data provided by standardized tests

• Awareness of trends and issues in assessment with regard to educational reform.

Animoto Shibboleth Wise

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Students' Reflection

What was you reaction to the online blog activity?

Regine: it is basically cool and fun. While learning thing about Ed 103, we got to explore and understand the functions of the internet.
Almira: My reaction is that, it is exciting. It’s a new method of giving requirements. It’s good.
Ivorie: I think learning Ed 103 is easier with the online blog activity.
Greg: At first, we found it difficult, but when we already have it, it was fun and it is cool.
Ryan: It broadens the horizons of learning.
Rose Ann: I really had hard time thinking about it, but with the help of my group mates, it was made easy.

Are you having some difficulty configuring the use of web blogging?

Regine: None, because since high school i already have a blog. It’s not new to me and I already knew how to make and maintain a blog.
Almira: It’s easy if you have experienced it. I have experienced this just last year so it’s easy for me.
Ivorie: No, it’s easy because I already have some basic knowledge about it.
Greg: No, because our leader is so supportive. She really helps us in configuring it.
Ryan: No. Definitely no. E-learning contains wonders and excitement all throughout.
Rose Ann: It’s new to me but with the help of out EIC, I easily figure it out.

Did the activity gave you deeper or broader understanding about the use of blogs? Why?

Regine: Of course. I have a blog and it’s only for my personal posts. I didn’t expect that it could be also used as a requirement for a subject. I have learned many things about Ed 103 through the use of this technology.
Almira: Definitely yes. Blogs were used as a requirement in our subject, Ed 103. It’s nice to have a blog where you can put all the things about a certain topic especially if it’s inclined with learning.
Ivorie: Yes. It gave me a deeper understanding about the uses of blogs. In Ed 103, it is used as a means of learning. Nice one!
Greg: It really broadens my understanding about blogs. I didn’t expect it to be a tool for learning.
Ryan: Yes, it did. Browsing and exploration took place in a deeper sense.
Rose Ann: Yes. I think it is an advancement in the strategies in teaching and assessing students. 

Did the activity increase or decrease your enthusiasm, willingness or effort to learn more about technology? Why?

Regine: Technology is my better-half! Therefore, it really increased my enthusiasm to learn more about it!
Almira: Of course. I’m already curious about it because of the blog activity. It increases my stock knowledge.
Ivorie: The blog activity increased my willingness to learn more about technology because it is a need.
Greg: Yes, it increased my enthusiasm. It’s 21st century, we need to know more about it.
Ryan: It increased my excitement, which burst out to the limit. I want to know more about it.
Rose Ann: I want to understand more about technology that’s why it increased my willingness to learn more about it.

What important things have you learned from this activity?

Regine: I have learned that through the use of blogs, a student not only learns about its content but also the technologies that were used to create it.
Almira: I learned that technology has a great factor in a student’s educational years. It really boosts the student knowledge.
Ivorie: I have learned many things from this activity. One of those is the use of blogs as a learning means for students to learn effectively.
Greg: The activity is the best requirement I made. It was really fun. While having fun, I’m learning.
Ryan: I have learned that through e-learning life could even be easier and connected the most.
Rose Ann: I have gained some knowledge from the activity. I guess blogging is an effective way of teaching. It’s not spoon feeding.

What generalization can you formulate with this activity?

Regine: The use of technology (the use of blogs) while incorporating lessons in class is highly beneficial not only to students but also to teachers.
Almira: Technology has an essential use for mankind not only for socializing but also for learning.
Ivorie: Technology as a means of learning is effective.
Greg: The best way to learn is by having fun. I’m having fun while using technology. Hence, learning must be incorporated with education.
Ryan: Technology lies on every clicking of the mouse. Technology awaits us in excitement facts and incredible solutions.
Rose Ann: Technology has many uses especially in learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment